Many people always ask me this question what I usually have as raw breakfast, ESPECIALLY in the winter months, when it's still cold and your body might need a bit more energizing and fattening things to keep you warm and raw food might seem an odd concept. This is not at all true and you can have very filling and hearty breakfasts with raw food and yet have so much more nutrients and enzymes especially if you add some potent high enzymatic green powders and the right proteins and omega 3 fatty acids. I am just back from Asia not too long ago and the winter in Berlin doesn't seem to want to make space for Spring yet, so my breakfasts still tend to be a bit more hearty but I still crave the greens and freshness as well.
So here is my favorite breakfast, I have been eating pretty much every day of this week. Enjoy :-)
Green Power Hemp Milk:
- 1 blood orange
- 1/3 - 1/2 banana (or avocado if you want less sweet)
- 1 cup young coconut water (or regular water)
- 2 Tablespoons deshelled Hemp Seeds (great source of Omega 3)
- 1-2 teaspoons Sunwarrior Protein, Vanilla
- 1 scoop Best of Greens Powder
- 1 teaspoon dried dandelion and nettle (I dried it myself last summer)
Blend all in Vitamix until smooth.
Pour in a bowl and add
- 1 small grated apple
- 1/4 cup - 1/3 cup b.alive! Grawnola
Wish you all a happy start of Spring 2013 and a energetic start of every single day :-)